#01 What are the options for Tidal streaming?
Tidal streaming can be done by 1) Airplay 2) UPNP using, for example, the “mconnect” app, and 3) Roon, which supports Tidal integration in the Roon software, and 4) Tidal Connect, selecting the TDAI-3400 as the player in the Tidal app.
#02 Does the TDAI-3400 support AirPlay2?
Yes. Since the September 2022 software update the TDAI-3400 supports Apple AirPlay 2.
#05 How can I stream music to the TDAI-3400?
You can use the Lyngdorf Remote App (Android and IOS) for playing audio files from a USB drive or NAS (Network Attached Storage). A Roon server setup and Spotify apps will be able to connect directly, whereas all media player applications based on the universal DLNA communication will be able to connect to the processor and activate playback. AirPlay 2 functionality will allow you to stream audio from your portable Apple device to the amplifier.
Setting it up
#04 How can I upload the latest software?
The software can be uploaded on the amplifier from the remote server through the setup page if the amplifier is connected to your local network, or via file transfer.
- Find the IP address by pressing the OK button on the remote twice.
- Enter the IP address in the browser of a PC or handheld device on the same network.
- Then follow the instructions under Manage Software and select Update Software.
- Download the new software from www.lyngdorf.com.
- Save the .gpg file on your PC or a USB stick.
- Make sure you eject the USB stick correctly from the PC.
- Connect the USB stick to the USB input of the product.
- Go into Manage Software and select Update Software.
- Then select the software either from the remote server or from file and Start Update.
#03 How can I upgrade my amplifier with modules?
Contact your nearest Lyngdorf dealer. The modules can be ordered and mounted by your dealer.
#08 How can I change the Remote Control to Bluetooth / IR?
The TDAI-3400 remote control operates via Bluetooth. In a very Bluetooth-heavy environment, or if the control should be limited to one room, the remote control can be switched to Infrared mode.
- When the remote control is in Bluetooth mode, any button pressing will be indicated by a green LED. RC-34 Remote in Bluetooth mode
- By pressing the buttons SELECT and 1 simultaneously, and released after two red LED blink twice, the remote control will be set to Infrared mode. Change RC-34 Remote to Infrared mode
- When the remote control is in Infrared mode, any button pressing will be indicated by a red LED. RC-34 Remote in Infrared mode
- By pressing the buttons SELECT and 2 simultaneously, and released after two red LED blink twice, the remote control will be set to Bluetooth mode. Keep the remote control near the TDAI-3400, and wait for the front display showing “Connecting to Bluetooth remote. Please wait.” Change RC-34 Remote to Bluetooth mode
#06 Is a DSD signal processed in its full resolution through the amplifier?
No. DSD is a signal type designed for transmitting high-resolution audio between products with a simple, yet high-quality D/A conversion. A DSD signal cannot be processed in the amplifier, which is why it must initially be converted to PCM.
#07 Can the TDAI-3400 play MQA coded files?
Yes, the TDAI-3400 has the MQA Core Decoder integrated in its streaming player. The MQA Core Decoder unfolds an MQA file once to deliver better than CD-quality. As per MQA definition the Core Decoder performs “the first unfold and recovers all the direct music-related information and makes it available for either analogue or digital output at 88.2 or 96 kHz“. MQA files can be decoded using the streaming player with Tidal Connect, USB-A storage devices, UPnP, and Roon.
#09 Can the TDAI-3400 play Apple Lossless and Apple Hi-Res Lossless?
Yes. Apple Music is using its own audio compression technology ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) as well as AAC (Advanced Audio Coding). Both can be decoded by the TDAI-3400.
- Apple Lossless with 16 bit and 44.1 kHz (CD quality) up to 24 bit and 48 kHz (higher than CD quality) can be streamed to the TDAI-3400 wirelessly using Airplay.
- Apple Hi-Res Lossless up to 24 bit and 192 kHz is not available over Airplay and requires an external digital-to-analog converter, which can be the TDAI-3400. It takes the digital signal and directly converts it to an analog signal for your loudspeakers. Connect your Apple Mac computer with a USB cable to the TDAI-3400’s USB-B input on the backside. Connect your Apple iPad or iPhone with a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and a USB cable to the TDAI-3400’s USB-B input on the backside.
#11 Which amplifier to choose - TDAI-3400 or TDAI-1120?
Both models are digital Lyngdorf TDAI amplifiers with app control, music streaming, multiple analog and digital inputs, digital Voicing eq, and RoomPerfect. Apart from the obvious size and price, there are other relevant differences. Read the guide here.
#10 How can I improve the HDMI connection?
The TDAI-3400 has an HDMI port featuring eARC. HDMI is a synchronization protocol with data going both ways, rather than a video or audio signal flow. It is therefore important that every part of your setup is eARC or ARC compatible.
- Make sure the TDAI-3400, TV, and video sources all have the very latest software. There are often changes made especially concerning HDMI.
- Make sure the TV’s only eARC or ARC labelled port is used.
- Make sure the cable is HDMI certified. Try a different HDMI cable. Certified “HDMI 2.1 Ultra High Speed” cables tend to be the most reliable with eARC.
- Make sure CEC is fully enabled in the TDAI-3400 menu.
- Make sure the TDAI-3400 Audio Input is set to TV, and the TV’s Audio Output is set to PCM Stereo.
- Try different eARC and ARC modes in the TV menu.