#02 How can I stream music to the TDAI-1120?
You can use the Lyngdorf Remote App (Android and IOS) for playing audio files from a USB drive or NAS (Network Attached Storage). A Roon server setup and Spotify apps will be able to connect directly, whereas all media player applications based on the universal DLNA communication will be able to connect to the processor and activate playback. AirPlay and Google Cast functionality will allow you to stream audio from your portable Apple or Android devices to the amplifier.
#05 What are the options for Tidal streaming?
1) Google Chromecast, which allows selecting the TDAI-1120 as the playing device in the Tidal app, and stream directly from the router to the amplifier. 2) Airplay 2, which allows streaming in ALAC (Apple Lossless) over an Apple device. 3) UPNP using, for example, the “mconnect” app, and 4) Roon, which supports Tidal integration in the Roon software.
#06 Can the TDAI-1120 play MQA coded files?
The TDAI-1120 has no MQA decoder integrated, but MQA files can be decoded and played by an external streaming platform which has the MQA Core Decoder integrated, for example Roon, or an external streaming player connected to the TDAI-1120’s digital or analog input.
#12 Can the TDAI-1120 play Apple Lossless and Apple Hi-Res Lossless?
Apple Music is using ALAC and AAC, which can be decoded by the TDAI-1120. Playing “Apple Lossless“ already allows higher than CD quality with max. 24 bit and 48 kHz, and can be streamed to the TDAI-1120 wirelessly using Airplay 2. “Apple Hi-Res Lossless“ with max. 24 bit and 192 kHz is not available over Airplay 2 and requires a wired external DAC.
#07 Can the TDAI-1120 be used as a pre-amp?
Yes, the TDAI-1120 has an analog stereo pre-out which can be set as Tape Out, or as Full Range to provide a volume-controlled pre-amp signal. However, the TDAI-2170 and TDAI-3400 have the benefit of both digital pre-outputs as well as higher-quality analog output stages.
#08 Can I connect a subwoofer?
Yes, the TDAI-1120 has an analog stereo pre-out which can be used for subwoofers in several ways:
- Select one Lyngdorf BW woofer (mono) and connect the left pre-out to the BW’s Bypass input.
- Select two Lyngdorf BW woofers (stereo) and connect the left and right pre-outs to the left BW’s and right BW’s Bypass input.
- Select 1 Custom Subwoofer and connect the left pre-out to the subwoofer’s LFE input. Lowpass filter frequency, filter type, level, signal delay or distance can all be set digitally in the TDAI-1120 menu.
- Select 2 Custom Subwoofers if your subwoofer has no LFE input but RCA stereo inputs only, and connect the left and right pre-out to the subwoofer’s left and rights stereo input. Lowpass filter frequency, filter type, level, signal delay or distance can all be set digitally in the TDAI-1120 menu.
- If you prefer a subwoofer’s own filter settings, select Advanced, set the pre-out to Full Range, set Output Level Control to Regulated, and connect the left and right pre-out to the subwoofer inputs. For the best sound performance we still recommend using the TDAI-1120 internal digital filter settings. Note that the TDAI-1120 is a digital amplifier design, which is not suitable for a high-level connection to a subwoofer using speaker wires. Please read further in the TDAI-1120 owner’s manual.
#09 Can the TDAI-1120 be used as a RoomPerfect processor?
Yes, the TDAI-1120 can be used as a RoomPerfect processor by disabling the main speaker’s power amp stages in the setup menu. However, the RoomPerfect-optimized signal is only available at the TDAI-1120’s analog pre-out, while the TDAI-3400 and TDAI-2170 have a digital output to use them as a purely digital RoomPerfect processor.
#03 Does the TDAI-1120 have all Lyngdorf speaker presets?
Yes, it has all the speaker and woofer presets, making amplifier-speaker matching very easy. You can also create your own speaker EQ for speakers from other manufacturers, or for your own speaker designs.
#04 How can I upload the latest software?
The software can be uploaded on the amplifier from the remote server through the setup page, if the amplifier is connected to your local network, or via file transfer.
- Find the setup page through the Lyngdorf Remote App under Settings.
- Enter the IP address in the browser of a PC or handheld device on the same network.
- Then follow the instructions under Manage Software and select Update Software.
- Download the new software from www.lyngdorf.com.
- Save the file on your PC or a USB stick
- Make sure you eject the USB stick correctly from the PC.
- Connect the USB stick to the USB input of the product.
- Go into Manage Software and select Update Software.
- Then select the software either from the remote server or from file and Start Update.
#01 Is the TDAI-1120 better than the TDAI-2170 in terms of sound quality?
The TDAI-1120 is based on the same amplifier design as the TDAI-2170, so the sound quality will be the same, just with less output power.
#10 Is the TDAI-1120 suitable for larger speakers, demanding speakers, and larger rooms?
The TDAI-1120 has an output power of 2 x 120 watt into 4 ohm loads and 2 x 60 watts into 8 ohm loads. Thanks to a very efficient digital amplifier design, all power is used for actually driving the speakers. The internal power supply is very capable, with the output stage able to deliver up to 30 ampere of current. Furthermore, the TDAI technology means that the amplifier doesn’t change so much over different volume levels, so even when playing louder the TDAI-1120 still retains its sound quality. In very large rooms, with very dynamic music, or when playing very loud, the much more powerful TDAI-3400 should be considered.
#11 How can I improve the HDMI connection?
The TDAI-1120 has an HDMI port featuring eARC. HDMI is a synchronization protocol with data going both ways, rather than a video or audio signal flow. It is therefore important that every part of your setup is eARC or ARC compatible.
- Make sure the TDAI-1120, TV, and video sources all have the very latest software. There are often changes made especially concerning HDMI.
- Make sure the TV’s only eARC or ARC labelled port is used.
- Make sure the cable is HDMI certified. Try a different HDMI cable. Certified “HDMI 2.1 Ultra High Speed” cables tend to be the most reliable with eARC.
- Make sure CEC is fully enabled in the TDAI-1120 menu.
- Make sure the TDAI-1120 Audio Input is set to TV, and the TV’s Audio Output is set to PCM Stereo.
- Try different eARC and ARC modes in the TV menu.