for MP-40 2.1
#01 Can Roon end-point support DSD128?
No. You can see all media player specifications here.
#05 How can I stream music to the MP-40 2.1?
You can use the Lyngdorf Remote App (Android and IOS) for playing audio files from an USB drive or NAS (Network Attached Storage). A Roon server setup and Spotify apps will be able to connect directly, whereas all Media Player applications based on the universal DLNA communication will be able to connect to the processor and activate playback.
AirPlay functionality will allow you to stream audio from your portable Apple device to the processor.
#04 Will it be possible to stream films to the MP-40 2.1?
No, the MP-40 2.1 does not feature a video media player, so you need to stream to the television and have the audio extracted by the television like with a normal TV show.
#03 Is the MP-40 able to handle HDMI 2.1?
The MP-40 was introduced in 2020 with HDMI 2.0, which already supports eARC and allows to connect a 8K video source directly to the television, while having the full audio signal extracted by the television and sent to the MP-40 through the HDMI cable. Since early 2022 the MP-40 2.1 is available with HDMI 2.1, allowing pass through of 8K video signals. This limits the MP-40 to 3 x HDMI 2.1 inputs, while extending to 2 x HDMI 2.1 outputs. For a limited time, Lyngdorf Audio offers to upgrade an existing MP-40 with the new HDMI 2.1 boards. For further information, please contact your nearest Lyngdorf representative or fill out our contact form on this website.
#07 Which new HDMI 2.1 features are supported?
- 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz (FRP)
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) for supporting DOLBY ATMOS and DTS:X
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) for reduced switching delays
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) for reduction in stutter and an overall smoother image
- Static and Dynamic HDR allowing for extended dynamic range, enhanced contrast, and wide color gamut
- Quick Frame Transport (QFT) for reduced latency
- QMS (Quick Media Switching), reducing delays when devices change frame rates
- Dynamic Lip-Sync for improved audio-video signal synchronization
- HDCP 2.3 premium content protection
Setting it up
#02 How do I upload the latest software?
The software can be uploaded on the processor from the remote server through the setup page, if the amplifier is connected to your local network – or via file transfer.
- Find the IP address by pressing the OK button on the remote twice.
- Enter the IP address in the browser of a PC or handheld device on the same network
- Follow the instructions under the Manage Software and select Update Software
- Download the new software from www.lyngdorf.com
- Save the .gpg file on your PC or an USB stick
- Make sure you ‘eject’ the USB stick correctly from the PC
- Connect the USB stick to the usb input of the processor
- Go into Manage Software and select Update Software
- Select the software either from the remote server or from file and Start Update
#6 Does the MP-40 2.1 have analog audio inputs?
The MP-40 2.1 has only digital audio inputs: 3 coaxial, 4 optical, 1 USB-B. For analog music sources, an external A/D converter must be added.