#01 - Can Roon end-point support DSD128?
No. You can see all media player specifications here.
#02 - How do I upload the latest software?
The software can be uploaded on the processor from the remote server through the setup page, if the amplifier is connected to your local network – or via file transfer.
- Find the IP address by pressing the OK button on the remote twice.
- Enter the IP address in the browser of a PC or handheld device on the same network
- Follow the instructions under the Manage Software and select Update Software
- Download the new software from www.lyngdorf.com
- Save the .gpg file on your PC or an USB stick
- Make sure you ‘eject’ the USB stick correctly from the PC
- Connect the USB stick to the usb input of the processor
- Go into Manage Software and select Update Software
- Select the software either from the remote server or from file and Start Update
#03 - Will the MP-40 be able to handle HDMI 2.1?
Yes, it will be possible later in 2021 to upgrade the MP-40 to full HDMI 2.1 specifications allowing pass through of 8K video signals.
The MP-40 features eARC, which will allow for you to connect a future 8K video source directly to the television, and have the full audio signal extracted by the television and sent to the MP-40 through the HDMI cable.
#04 - Will it be possible to stream films to the MP-40?
No, the MP-40 does not feature a video media player, so you need to stream to the television and have the audio extracted by the television like with a normal TV show.
#05 - How can I stream music to the MP-40?
You can use the Lyngdorf Remote App (Android and IOS) for playing audio files from an USB drive or NAS (Network Attached Storage). A Roon server setup and Spotify apps will be able to connect directly, whereas all Media Player applications based on the universal DLNA communication will be able to connect to the processor and activate playback.
AirPlay functionality will allow you to stream audio from your portable Apple device to the processor.